Our 2024 program will be a 10-week program from June 26 – August 31 and provides an opportunity for high school students to gain experience working in a hospital setting. Our high school summer program volunteers fill roles such as lobby ambassadors, supporting patients and visitors, and providing clinical support throughout the hospital. To be considered, you must:
- Be 16 years old or older by June 15, 2024
- Complete a 500-word essay on “Why you would like to volunteer at Tufts Medical Center” (please note that applications without an essay will not be considered)
- Provide the days and times you are available and can commit to showing up when scheduled
- Commit to 2 four-hour shifts per week for the entire 10-week program
- Not miss more than 2 missed shifts (if time off is needed, you are required to notify the volunteer services and your department manager at least 7 days prior)
- Attend a mandatory in-person orientation at Tufts Medical Center on Saturday, June 15
- Meet all employee health requirements, including the COVID-19 vaccine (please note that employee health must clear you before Friday, June 14)
- Purchase a volunteer shirt for $10
We will review your application and invite those who qualify to conduct group interviews in the last week of March.
We expect volunteers to make a commitment to us for the entire summer. If you are unable to commit to 2 four-hour shifts per week (no more than 2 missed shifts, and even then, you must notify volunteer services and your department manager at least 7 days before).
Before you apply, please consider if you can truly make this commitment and discuss summer plans with your family to avoid conflicts (including vacations, travel, camps, summer classes, sports, driver’s ed. classes, summer jobs, college tours, etc.).
Please complete the High School Volunteer Application Form to apply.