Tufts Medicine is committed to ensuring an inclusive workplace and providing frictionless, equitable care experiences. This means nurturing a culture of inclusion and maintaining a safe and respectful environment for patients, visitors, and care team members. All Tufts Medicine hospitals and ambulatory sites have adopted a Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct with strict restrictions on behaviors that are disruptive, offensive, abusive, threatening or discriminatory.
Code of Conduct violations include, but are not limited to:
- Racist, sexist, or derogatory comments or slurs
- Acts of aggression, including threats
- Possession of weapons or firearms
- Disruption of other patients’ care or experience
- Unauthorized videography, voice recordings, or photography of patients, visitors, or care team members.
Violations of this code of conduct may result in:
- Visitors may be asked to leave the premises, and future visits may be restricted
- Stabilized patients may be asked to leave and receive non-emergency care elsewhere
- Violent behavior or criminal activity may be reported to campus or local police
Everyone using or visiting our facilities is expected to abide by these principles. If you witness or are the target of any of these behaviors, please report it to a care team member.