As part of our digital transformation journey, Tufts Medicine has entered a collaborative partnership with TigerConnect for a secure healthcare communication platform across the entire health system. Formerly known as TigerText, TigerConnect is a growing company with a host of applications that will provide direct benefit to not only physicians but staff as well.
Our partnership with TigerConnect provides access to all their current technology solutions (secure messaging, on-call physician scheduling, virtual care, and workflow integrations with Epic, nurse call and much more) as well as early access to new and developing products. Our plan is to implement these solutions in phases, beginning with secure messaging in early summer to physicians, staff, and many affiliated providers in the community.
Our agreement with TigerConnect, includes:
- TigerText Essentials - 15,000 licenses for encrypted, HIPAA-compliant, and HITRUST CSF-certified secure messaging. TigerConnect will continue to be our secure messaging vendor to be used with Epic
- TigerFlow – streamlines workflows via integrations with Epic, nurse call, direct VoIP, and video dialing among Tufts Medicine TigerConnect users
- TigerTouch – offers the ability to message patients securely, without the need for a patient-downloaded app
- TigerSchedule – simplifies the organization and management of on-call physician schedules
- Early access to new and developing products via the partnership with TigerConnect’s development team
Over the next few weeks, Dr. Will Harvey will be assembling an implementation steering committee to help inform the deployment, implementation strategy and timeline. Drs. Shafiq Rab and Michael Wagner are the executive sponsors and will provide support and guidance as needed.
According to Dr. Harvey, EpicEdge Physician Champion and Tuft’s Chief Medical Information Officer, “The partnership with TigerConnect is another tangible example of Tufts Medicine’s commitment to a frictionless experience for our patients and colleagues.”
More information about the rollout of TigerConnect applications will be provided as details become available.